Our Mission Statement
Indigenous Psychological Services (IPS) aims to set a benchmark for the delivery of culturally competent mental health services for Aboriginal people. This is achieved through adopting a rigorous evidence based, outcome driven approach to all of our programs, services and products.
- Our business, from the beginning, has operated successfully and independently WITHOUT government funding, subsidies or assistance
- We strive to address inequity by the provision of upaid services we deem essential to address chronic mental health needs in Aboriginal communities
- Our success in attracting business, is based on our ability to deliver a product that is of the highest possible quality
- We achieve this by SELF FUNDING the research and development of unique programs, services and products to ensure their ongoing validation and appropriateness with Aboriginal people
- We provide specialist mental health services and programs for the betterment of Aboriginal people
Our Statement of Cultural Respect
IPS honours and respects the traditional owners across this vast land in which we provide our services. We acknowledge that there is no greater privilege than to work for the betterment of our people. We are thankful for the contributions of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australians who walk this journey with us every day.